About LinkedIn Learning
This is an online learning platform that you can access anytime, anywhere. Students and staff at Leeds have free access to all LinkedIn Learning courses providing you the opportunity to develop your skills to support your personal and career development.
It contains over 16,000 video-based, professional courses in a wide range of areas including technology, business and professional, and creative subjects. Courses are led by experts, and are on average an hour-long, broken down into bite-sized video modules.
How to access LinkedIn Learning
You can easily access your account from the LinkedIn Learning login page using your normal University username and password.
LinkedIn Learning guides
The following guides for students, staff and researchers on how LinkedIn Learning can support them and includes a series of suggested courses for each. Our LinkedIn Learning homepage also highlights content, updates and information to do with the platform.
- Student guide to LinkedIn Learning
- Staff guide to LinkedIn Learning
- Researchers guide to LinkedIn Learning
You can also watch the How to use LinkedIn Learning course which talks you through how to use it.
Connect your LinkedIn profile
If you already have a personal LinkedIn account, you can connect it to your LinkedIn Learning account. Connecting your LinkedIn profile does provide additional benefits such as the ability to publish the courses you have completed on your profile (as a certification/badge) and receiving personalised course recommendations based on your profile information. You can also retain your learning history as/when you leave the University. If you don’t connect to your LinkedIn profile when you initially sign up, you can do so later by following these steps:
- Log into LinkedIn Learning.
- Click your photo in the top right corner, and select Settings from the dropdown that appears.
- Below Connect your LinkedIn account to your LinkedIn Learning account provided by your organization, click Connect my account.
- Log into LinkedIn Learning again.
Explore University of Leeds collections
We have curated collections of videos and courses, especially for our students and staff. To access our collections, click browse in the top left of your LinkedIn Learning screen and click on the University of Leeds icon.
How staff can get more out of LinkedIn Learning
Staff Interest Community
Any member of staff that has an interest in LinkedIn Learning can join our LinkedIn Learning Staff Interest Group on Microsoft Teams. The group holds a meeting every 6 weeks and all are welcome to join and participate. Our LinkedIn Learning colleagues join the meeting and are able to answer questions as well as provide platform updates.
Become a curator
- Upload your own content to the LinkedIn Learning platform
- Create a learning path, combining your own content with LinkedIn Learning content
- Easily share content with colleagues and students
- See insights to learning resources that have been shared (If shared to a Group)