In OD&PL we are committed to developing the skills and confidence that enable staff and postgraduate researchers to contribute effectively to the success of our University.
Our vision is to be recognised across and beyond the University of Leeds for our organisational and professional development practice and its positive impact on the achievement of our University’s strategic ambitions.
What we do
We work in partnership with colleagues across our University to provide a wide range of services. These include learning and development in addition to advisory and facilitation services. Our provision includes support for staff and postgraduate research students through workshops, short courses, longer and credit-bearing programmes, networks, coaching, mentoring and online resources.
We also support broader bespoke organisational development through our work with faculties, schools, services and networks. In particular, we aim to enable the successful delivery of major organisational change initiatives through the work we do with leaders and their teams. This page summarises our current service delivery priorities.
Our areas of development and learning provision can be viewed on the websites below.
- Leadership and Professional Practice (covering leadership and management development, grades 2-5 development and opportunities for all colleagues e.g. mentoring).
- Student Education Development
- Researcher Support
- Digital Practice
Who we are
We are a multi-disciplinary and multi-professional team with a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds. You can find out more about each of our staff on our team page.
We work with a range of internal providers, so we are able to deliver high-quality services across a broad portfolio. Key partners include our Doctoral College, HR, Leeds Institute of Teaching Excellence and Digital Education Service amongst others. Full details of all our internal partners are available on our partners page.
We also work with a small number of external providers to commission and deliver some of our programmes and bespoke work. As a result, if we can’t help you, we may be able to source the appropriate expertise from one of our partners.
How we work
The following principles inform our work as a team:
- The services that we offer are aligned with our University’s strategic priorities and values.
- We deliver our services in a flexible, accessible and inclusive way including a blend of online and face-to-face provision.
- We seek to co-design and collaborate with our stakeholders and partners where appropriate
- We take an outcomes-based approach and evaluate our service provision to ensure that it is making a positive difference.
- We actively engage with our own continuous professional development and bring in innovation and best practice from other institutions and sectors.
Keep in touch with OD&PL
- View our training and events page and keep an eye on our latest learning and development opportunities
- Read the latest news from OD&PL
- Follow us on Twitter @UniLeedsODPL
- We also share opportunities via the weekly all staff eNews, sent by Internal Comms
If you have any questions about the above or OD&PL in general, including our bespoke provision, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org