- Log into LinkedIn Learning.
- Click your photo in the top right corner, and select Settings from the dropdown that appears.
- Below Connect your LinkedIn account to your LinkedIn Learning account provided by your organization, click Connect my account.
- Log into LinkedIn Learning again.
If you’re thinking of creating or updating your LinkedIn profile check out these useful links below to get some great advice and tips, including how to add certificates and skills from your University of Leeds LinkedIn Learning account to your LinkedIn profile.
Your LinkedIn profile
LinkedIn connects professionals, and is used heavily to look for jobs, network with others and improve career prospects. Using LinkedIn you can:
- Network with others in your field
- Showcase your qualifications, experiences and skills to employers
- Create an online presence and reputation
- Connect with organisations to stay up-to-date with their latest news and potential job opportunities
- Search and receive job alerts for areas of work you are interested in
- Connect your LinkedIn profile to LinkedIn Learning to highlight your completed courses
The links below from LinkedIn about setting up an effective profile, getting the most out of LinkedIn and searching for jobs and building your network:
- How do I create a good LinkedIn profile (opens LinkedIn website)
- Searching for jobs on LinkedIn (opens LinkedIn website)
- Building your professional network (opens LinkedIn website)
- The ‘Learning LinkedIn for Students’ course on LinkedIn Learning guides you through setting up a LinkedIn profile, although designed for students it has helpful tips for all. You can watch for free on LinkedIn Learning with your free University account.
Adding LinkedIn Learning certificates and skills to your LinkedIn profile
If you’ve been using your free University of Leeds LinkedIn Learning account, make sure you’re adding your relevant certificates of completion and skills to your LinkedIn profile. If you haven’t already connected your LinkedIn profile to your LinkedIn Learning account, it’s quick and easy to do: