Today marks the launch of Mental Health Awareness Week, the UK’s national week to raise awareness of mental health.
At Leeds, the Equality and Inclusion Unit have created a Mental Health Awareness Week 2021 guide for how to get involved, activities and events taking place and an overview of mental health support at the University.
LinkedIn Learning Resources – Mental Health & Wellbeing:
In addition to the above, LinkedIn Learning have created a recommended list of learning paths and new content focussed on mental health, highlighted below, along with some featured course collections.
Please note, to access the below you will need to log in with your University of Leeds IT credentials via the LinkedIn Learning login page.
Check out these Learning Paths and new content releases focused on Mental Health:
- Support your Mental Health during Challenging Times
- Manage Change and Develop Your Adaptability Skills
- Developing Resilience and Grit
- Leading with a Growth Mindset
- Project Management: Managing Projects as Offices Reopen
We have also created these Mental Health and Wellbeing collections, consisting of a variety of courses and videos for you to explore.
- Wellbeing Collection – This wellbeing collection has been reviewed by the student counselling and wellbeing service with the aim of offering supportive tools for you to learn and develop over time. Although a lot of the content is directed to developing skills in a way that is applicable to a work environment, the tools themselves are useful to apply to your own wellbeing.
- Supporting wellbeing during times of change and uncertainty – In this learning path, you can gain immediately applicable skills to support your well-being during times of change and uncertainty. Twenty curated courses cover topics such as practicing mindfulness and meditation; managing anxiety, depression, and stress; calming your mind; and restoring your body.
All students and staff at the University of Leeds have free access to a wide range of resources via LinkedIn Learning, and you can find out more information about it on our LinkedIn Learning webpage.
Find out more about Mental Health Awareness Week
For more information about this year’s Mental Health Awareness Week visit mentalhealth.org.uk/mhaw or join the conversation on social media using #ConnectWithNature and #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek. You can also show your support and raise awareness with these Mental Health Awareness Week video call backgrounds.