New and existing managers can now book on to the next Management Essentials programme. Sessions cover a variety of topics designed to equip you with the tools needed to effectively manage your team, as well as understand the processes and responsibilities you have at the University.
The programme runs in blocks throughout the academic year, with the first scheduled for 17 January – 16 February 2022. Further dates will be available in March, May/June – specific dates will be advertised on the OD&PL website.
It is designed so that you can pick and attend the relevant sessions which are most appropriate for you, there are nine topics in total:
- Introduction to management
- Health and safety: the role of the manager
- Introduction to recruitment
- Supporting excellence
- Using psychological perspectives to understand and manage professional relationships
- An introduction to having difficult conversations
- Leaders and managers supporting stress and mental Health
Visit our Management Essentials webpage to view each of the above topics and find a brief overview of the session, the upcoming training dates, further resources that are available and information about how to book your place on the session.