International Women’s Day 2022 – LinkedIn Learning
To celebrate International Women’s Day on Tuesday 8 March 2022, LinkedIn Learning have compiled a collection of videos inspired by this year’s theme #BreakTheBias. International Women’s Day is a global day that celebrates women’s achievements and marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity and women’s equality.
This year’s theme, Break The Bias, spotlights the challenges that women continue to face in the journey towards equity. The collection of videos below explores the realities of discrimination, the importance of allyship and addressing how to break biases. You can watch the International Women’s Day videos on LinkedIn Learning by logging in with your normal University details.
You can also visit the Equality and Inclusion Unit website to view the full programme of University-wide events planned to celebrate International Women’s Day.
Break the Bias: Commit to action and reduce discrimination
- Addressing common biases (3m 57s) – Explore the four common biases found in the workplace and what you can do to prevent them.
- How to counter unconscious bias (6m 48s) – Learn how to weaken your biases.
- Understanding your unconscious bias (4m 32s) – Learn key ideas and action steps that you can take to eliminate your own bias
- Talking about bias (3m 49s) – The critical role of having open and honest conversations about bias is to bring the unconscious to the conscience.
Women's Voices: Setting the Stage for Equity
- Internal roadmaps to know your strengths (2m 37s) – How do you combine your own forces with someone else's? Learn about Myers-Briggs testing and its potential benefits.
- Are men and women heard differently? (1m 37s) – Being heard, at its core, is really about communication. In this video, work on developing a simple succinct way of communicating important information in the workplace.
- Amplifying women's voices at work (2m 27s) – Learn to employ three everyday strategies for amplifying women’s voices at work.
- Authentic leaders overcoming barriers (2m 39s) – Hear about a story of determination in this video and how being authentic will help fuel that determination to overcome barriers.
- What organisations owe women (3m 27s) – Understand systemic bias and how organisational leaders, change-makers, and individuals must work on this critical issue.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion: Understand the importance and differences
- Define diversity and inclusion terminology (4m 34s) – Managers should review their understanding of diversity, inclusion, stereotyping, and bias behaviours as they begin leading their team.
- Diversity versus inclusion (4m 50s) – In this video, learn about the difference between diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity.
- Exploring a framework for inclusion (2m 40s) –Learn about the factors that create an environment of inclusion and explore the role of cultural competence.
- Factoring in inclusion (6m 15s)–Learn how to create a broader Thrive legacy that will last beyond one leader.
- Fundamentals of an inclusive mindset (4m 48s)– There are some foundational diversity and inclusion concepts that people interested in adopting an inclusive mindset should be aware of.
Allyship: Closing the Gap between Recognition and Action
- What it means to be an ally (2m 58s) – Learn how to articulate a key aspect of allyship: recognizing your own privilege and using it in support of marginalized colleagues.
- Adopt an allyship mindset (4m 7s) – Learn why adopting an allyship mindset is at the heart of authentic communication in a culturally diverse workplace.
- Use your power as an ally and accomplice (4m 24s) – Dr. Christina Greer explains the differences among actor, ally, and accomplice and shares how people can support and be an advocate for others.
- The link between inclusion, equity, and allyship (2m 20s) – This video explains the link between inclusion, equity, and allyship and why it is so important to for individuals and businesses alike.
- Belonging (2m 50s) – Learn to detect ways you can increase belonging on your team.
As well as this collection of videos provided by LinkedIn Learning you can also find out more about OD&PL’s equality and inclusion provision.
Mental Health Awareness Week 2023
Mental Health Awareness Week (15 to 21 May 2023) is the UK’s national week dedicated to raising awareness of mental health and is hosted by the Mental Health Foundation. This year’s theme is anxiety, one of the most common mental health problems. The aim of this year’s campaign is to increase understanding of this aspect of...
New LinkedIn Learning features to grow your career
LinkedIn Learning has several new features to help personalise your content to meet your learning needs and to reach your career aspirations. Career Goal The Career Goal feature allows you to explore and navigate career paths by personalising the learner experience to meet your professional goal. You will then receive content recommendations tailored to your...
LinkedIn Learning resources for Stress Awareness Month 2023
Find out more about Stress Awareness Month 2023 and access resources from LinkedIn Learning and from the Stress Management Society. What is Stress Awareness Month? Stress Awareness Month has been held in the UK every April since 1992 to highlight the effects it has on our lives, possible coping mechanisms and to encourage open and...