Postgraduate research development opportunities
There are a wide range of professional development opportunities open to you at the University of Leeds, from OD&PL and multiple other University providers and via online provision. For full information please visit the Leeds Doctoral College Organisation in Minerva:
The organisation is self-enrol. If you are not already enrolled, once you have logged in (using your usual University login details) there should be an ‘enrol’ button towards the bottom left.
New for 19/20 in the Doctoral College Minerva Organisation
The information below provides highlights of new additions to the Leeds Doctoral College Organisation for postgraduate researchers in the 19/20 academic year:
- LinkedIn Learning: You now have access to over 5000 online courses covering a wide range of topics, from personal and professional development through to software such as Python, NVivo, MATLab, Adobe Creative Cloud etc. Try searching for something and it may surprise you what is in there!
- Giving effective seminar and conference presentations online course from OD&PL. This is a new initiative designed around the Dynamic Development Model and…
- The Dynamic Development Model is a new approach you can use for your personal and professional development explained in the Doctoral College organisation
- Expresso: A section full of personal and professional development ideas all of which should take you less than 30 minutes to look through.
Guidelines for booking courses
- Always check the Suitability section and Further information before you book on a course. Choose Course List to return to the course calendar if necessary.
- Simply select Add to Cart for the course(s) you wish to book (to deselect choose Remove from Cart).
- When you have added all the courses you wish to book, click View Cart.
- Check all the course details are correct. You can delete a booking from your cart at this stage if necessary. Then choose Book Course to proceed to the final stage.
- Enter your contact details, then click Submit Booking to send your booking request(s).
- You will receive an email confirmation that your request has been received, and a further message when your place is confirmed by the administrator.
- To exit the online booking system, close the external window.
You will find development and resources to support your work beyond postgraduate research in the following areas of this website:
Find out more
If you have any questions about the programmes above or other postgraduate research development in general, including our bespoke provision, please select from the following:
Webpage last updated: 09/10/19 | Maintained by: OD&PL Webmaster