Welcome to the University of Leeds
We have a strong heritage and enduring reputation which aims to create, advance and disseminate knowledge, in addition to developing outstanding graduates and scholars to make a major impact upon global society. As a new colleague, you are part of a community that helps make this happen.
New staff: University Induction Day
This induction day has been specifically designed to support you as you orientate yourself in your new role and workplace. You will hear how our strategy and values drive and support our ambitious plans in addition to how our academic, technical and professional services colleagues work together to achieve them.
It starts with a welcome from our Vice Chancellor, Sir Alan Langlands. Our Deputy Vice Chancellors (Research and Innovation, Student Education, and International) and the Chief Operating Officer will also be sharing their key focus areas.
You will discover the benefits, support, and services that are available to you during your career with us, and learn about the diverse activities and key projects that are taking place across the campus. You can also hear about the professional and personal development opportunities that are open to you.
There will be plenty of opportunities to meet other new starters, network, and also find out more about the community you have just joined. Induction is an essential part of your University welcome so please do join us and come with questions or queries you would like to put forward. We look forward to meeting you.
- University Induction Day: learn more and book
Development to support your role
We offer a range of development to support you in your role. Explore the following pages to learn more:
- Induction checklist: this is a document for a new member of staff, and their manager, to work through in the first day, weeks and months of commencing employment, to ensure that all areas of induction are covered. Induction Checklist (opens in OneDrive)
- Supporting notes for managers taking staff through the induction checklist: additional notes for managers to assist with the induction process. Managers’ checklist (opens in OneDrive).
- Online IT induction (IT website)
- Staff information from HR, including joining the university, benefits and pensions: HR website
- Support for wellbeing in the workplace: Wellbeing, Safety and Health website
Find out more
If you have any questions about the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Webpage last updated: 05/02/19 | Maintained by: OD&PL Webmaster